Welcome back from Fall Break; I hope you had an enjoyable vacation.
What did we do in class, Crampton?
1. We completed reading and discussing "The Birthmark" by Nathaniel Hawthorne
2. We read another short story entitled "Story of an Hour" by Kate Chopin.
While we read the story, students worked on Journal #8 entitled "Inference within Story of an Hour." As I read the story, we made "educated predictions" about what was going to happen and why certain events took place.
3. We then started another short story entitled "The Wife's Story." We did not complete this in class, but I ask that you DON'T read it home, as it is better to review it together.
1. Revision for your Five Paragraph Essay is due on Monday, October 26th. I returned the essays today in class.
2. Article of the Week #7 is due on Monday, October 26th. Please annotate/notate (5-8/page) using BLUE and PURPLE. The article is entitled "Why Boys don't read Chick Books."
Please DO NOT miss class on Thursday, as I will explain your final exam to you!