If you missed class today, we completed the following:
1. We discussed "Article of the Week #5." Students then submitted the article to me.
2. We then worked in our groups to develop a list of themes, symbols and aspects of irony associated with"The Birthmark." I gave each student a green handout where they recorded this information and then filed in in their notebook. Well done, everyone, as this was an effective way to obtain a significant amount of information in a short amount of time.
1. Please read 1/2 of "The Birthmark" (read to the bottom of page five). The page ends with the following text "".....a race as ephemeral as itself."
2. As you read the first 1/2 of the short story please annotate for VOCABULARY. Make a list of the words that you do not understand, and then please define the words. I ask that you type your list and include the definitions with the list. This is due on Wed. I ask that you identify a minimum of 2-3 words/page.
3. Please annotate/notate "Article of the Week" #6 entitled "Is Cloning Good or Bad?" This is due on Wed. I have placed several copies of the article outside the room.
Hang in there, cute kids, as your "Fall Break" is almost here.