If you missed class, we completed the following:
1. We reviewed "The Landlady" and then each student completed their quiz covering the short story. If you missed class on Tuesday, please plan to attend a Flex session this week, in order to complete your quiz.
2. We then reviewed the five paragraph essay structure. Your next assignment involves writing a two body paragraph paper. In order for this to occur, I assisted the students in "triangling" the two body paragraphs that they will write. The THESIS for the assignment is the following:
Irony plays a significant role in "The Landlady," "The Dinner Party" and "The Open Window," as it assists in the audience in understanding the characters in greater detail.
3. We then proceeded to complete the triangle format for the five paragraph essay structure, omitting the introductory and concluding paragraphs. I gave each student a strong example from a previous student to assist them with writing the two paragraphs. IF YOU MISSED CLASS, you will need to obtain the triangles from another student in class.
1. Remember that your AW #6 entitled "Your iPod could power up your Paints" is due on Thursday.
2. Your two body paragraphs is due on Monday, October 3rd. Please type the paragraphs and include the appropriate colors for each section of the body paragraph structure (topic sentence, concrete detail and commentary).
Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.