I hope you had a relaxing Thanksgiving break. If you missed class, we completed the following in class:
1. We watched ACT 1 of The Crucible.
2. We then completed the questions for ACT 1 on your study guide.
3. We continued with identifying the different themes located within Act 1.
1. QUIZ on WED. covering ACT 1. The quiz has several parts. PART 1: You must identify the characters referenced from the given quote. PART 2: You must identify the character that is speaking. PART 3: You will be given several questions pertaining to events within ACT 1. PART 4: You must identify the six themes within the play, and then include an example from ACT 1 which illustrates the specified theme.
STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY!
2. ARTICLE #4 is due on Friday. Please include 7-10 annotations/notations/page/using ALL your colors.
PRACTICE QUIZ: For each question correctly answered on the practice quiz, 1/2 point of extra-credit will be added to your official quiz score.
Directions: Identify the speaker for the following quotes.
1."Goody Proctor is a gossiping liar." _________________
2. "What constitutes the reading of strange books, Mr. Hale?" _______________
3. "Here is the invisible world. In this book, the Devil stands stripped of all his brute disguises."
4. "Why am I constantly persecuted here? I am not use to this poverty. I left a thifty business in the Barbados." _________________
5. "I think she'll wake when she tires of it." ________________
6. "That tract is in my bounds. My bounds, sir. It stands clear in my grandfather's will that everything from the north pasture on wards is......" ___________________
7. "Witchery is a hang'in error like they done in Boston two year ago. We'll only be whipped for the danc'in." ________________
8. "I know it, sir. I sent my child--she should learn from Tituba who murdered her sisters." __________
9. "The Devil is precise; the marks of his presence are definite as stone, and I must tell you all that I shall not proceed unless you are prepared to believe me." ________________
10. "Abby, put it out of mind. I'll not be coming for you more." _____________________
I look forward to seeing you on Wed.