Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29, 2012

Dear Juniors,

If you missed class on Tuesday, I am so sorry as you will not have the opportunity to make-up our "blind rope" activity. Please do your best to not miss class.

I have included a practice quiz for you below.

Practice Quiz:
       Please identify each figurative language element and sound element.

1. I nearly died laughing.
2. His feet were as big as a ship
3. This class is a three-ring circus.
4. The pillow was a cloud when I put my head upon it after a long day.
5. I feel in love with your sister the moon.
6. Sarah Cynthia Silvia Stout.
7. The window winked at me.
8. Mike's microphone made much music.
9. Try to light the fire.
10. Fleet feet sweep by sleeping geese.
11. Hear the bells, silver bells,
      Hear them tinkle, tinkle, tinkle
      in the icy air of night
12. Water, water every where
       And not a drop to drink
      Water, water every where,
      And all the boards did shrink
13. Cristy did not like to spend money.She was no scrooge, but she seldom purchased anything
      but the bare necessities.
14. "Oh, my love has petals and sharp thorns."
15. Your predicament saddens me so much that I feel a veritable flood of tears coming on.
16. The subway coursed through the arteries of the city.

HOMEWORK:
1. STUDY for your quiz!
2. Remember to develop figurative language elements for the rope activity we did on Tuesday!

Cheers,
Crampton