If you missed class, we completed the following:
1. We completed the study guide questions for Act 4 in class, and submitted them to Crampton. She returned them to each student during class.
2. We completed Journal # 13 John Proctor, as a Hero
When is it appropriate to lie? Justify your response. Now, discuss Rev. Hale's argument given to Elizabeth Proctor. Hale states, "Life woman, life is God's most precious gift; however glorious, nothing may justify the taking of it. I beg you, woman. It may well be that God damns a liar less than he that throws his life away for pride." Do you agree with his statement? Justify your response again.
3. We then watched the ACT 4 of The Crucible.
4. Each student received a copy of the "theme quotes" associated with Act 4. Crampton asked that each student identify the theme concerning each quote and the individual speaking. If you missed class, please see me prior to MONDAY! This is due on MONDAY.
1. Your "Independent Reading Assignment" is due on MONDAY. Please have your book and your three annotated/notated plot summaries with you in class.
2. ACT 4 Quiz will take place on MONDAY! Please review your vocabulary, study guide questions, and the quotes sheets I gave you during class on Thursday. FOR YOUR QUIZ please plan on the following: 1. Review your vocabulary words for Act 4 2. Consider what motivates certain characters to act and behave the way they do in Act 4 3. Review your study guide questions
4. Review the quotes given to you in class for Act 4, as you will receive some of them on your quiz.
3. COMPLETE your theme sheet for ACT 4; this is due on MONDAY!