If you missed class today, we completed the following:
1. Journal #4: Crucible: "Paying the price for her silence"
article should have affected you! What emotions did you experience?
What is your opinion regarding the young lady focused in the article?
How can fear cause someone to compromise their integrity? How could she
have watched the attack upon the counselor and DONE NOTHING to stop
it? Why do people choose NOT TO ACT in times when ACTION is needed
most? Consider your own character. Would you sit back and watch or
would you act? Don't tell me that it depends on the situation. Are you a
"doer" or a "watcher?" In addition, how does the concept of bullying connect to the article that you read for today. Feel free to return to your previous article to support this question. How do BOTH articles relate to events within The Crucible?
2. Students took their Act 2 Vocabulary Quiz and we corrected it.
3. Students were given the vocabulary words for Act 3
4. We started reading Act 3.
1. Remember that your "Memoir" session is set of Friday! If you haven't read your second third of your book, then you need to work on this asap.
2. Students were asked to read up to page in The Crucible.