1. QUIZ on THURSDAY. covering ACT 1. The quiz has several parts. PART 1: You must identify the characters referenced from the given quote. PART 2: You must identify the character that is speaking. PART 3: You will be given several questions pertaining to events within ACT 1. PART 4: You must identify the four themes within the play, and then include an example from ACT 1 which illustrates the specified theme.
STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY!
QUIZ: For each question correctly answered on the practice quiz, 1/2
point of extra-credit will be added to your official quiz score.
Directions: Identify the speaker for the following quotes.
1."Goody Proctor is a gossiping liar." _________________
2. "What constitutes the reading of strange books, Mr. Hale?" _______________
3. "Here is the invisible world. In this book, the Devil stands stripped of all his brute disguises."
"Why am I constantly persecuted here? I am not use to this poverty. I
left a thifty business in the Barbados." _________________
5. "I think she'll wake when she tires of it." ________________
"That tract is in my bounds. My bounds, sir. It stands clear in my
grandfather's will that everything from the north pasture on wards
7. "Witchery is a hang'in error like they done in Boston two year ago. We'll only be whipped for the danc'in." ________________
8. "I know it, sir. I sent my child--she should learn from Tituba who murdered her sisters." __________
"The Devil is precise; the marks of his presence are definite as
stone, and I must tell you all that I shall not proceed unless you are
prepared to believe me." ________________
10. "Abby, put it out of mind. I'll not be coming for you more." _____________________